Saturday 17 August 2013

Something different



17 August 2013

Today we had planned to go to Willowbank, a kind of zoo, but unfortunately the weather decided not to cooperate. So we spent the morning working together to make a big painting of a volcano (my contribution – along with a Thunderbird One), a forest (D.C.’s) and the sun and a moa/bracyosaurus (Mary’s), palm trees (Felix’s), and the rest was enhanced by Lukas’ artwork. So now we have all contributed to a fabulous mural.

This afternoon, after Lukas bought some more coins for his collection off Trade Me, we had hoped to go to the movies and see a film about a year in Antarctica. But by the time we reached the Riccarton Mall the film was booked out. So we decided to enjoy a hot chocolate each. Yum!

Marcus and the boys headed off (the boys have a cold and were probably happier at home), while Mary, D.C. and I went to Bunnings Shirley. Mary wanted to buy Lukas a box to house his coin collection, and, although we sell to them, I’ve never actually been in a Bunnings before. I showed off our wheelbarrows and the Natural Paving display – which wasn’t actually that well placed as there’s a galvanised bar above it, so it’s difficult to step on the pebbles and see how well the Natural Paving works.

I bought three LED lights. One for my Civil Defence kit and one for each of the boys.

After that we returned to Rangiora and went to their Warehouse. It seems that when we’re on holiday we can’t visit a town without visiting the Warehouse. But at least we didn’t go into a Warehouse in Christchurch; this one was in Rangiora.

We came back and I typed up this blog while the others read or did a bit of learning, and then we had one of Marcus’ delicious dinners. After tea we played a little bit of ball, with a blow up Mitre 10 beach ball, and then enjoyed hearing a goodnight story.

The we chatted for a bit, watched a couple of segments of “Goldfinger” (I just can’t get into James Bond) and then went to bed.

But the big score of the day is that both D.C. and I were permitted to pat Dangerous Claw on the head. But Pixie would take one look at us and run.

And I managed to finish my Windows game.

But I didn't take any photos, except of the painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment